[Tagging] Hot springs

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Tue Mar 4 01:21:18 UTC 2014

On 02.03.2014 13:58, Richard Z. wrote:
>> I have significantly changed https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Hot_Spring
>> with the intention to revive the proposal - thanks for any comments and enhancments.
>
> just to clarify, among other changes I changed it from leisure= to natural= and the
> comments bellow the page are old comments..

There would also be a need to map bathing facilities sometimes connected
with such springs, though. I assume this is no longer within the
proposal's scope after the key switch?

On a related note, can anyone clarify what exactly the ♨ symbol still
mentioned in the proposal refers to exactly? Is it about hot springs in
general or specifically about bathing facilities? Wikipedia (en)
redirects the character to the "Onsen" page.