[Tagging] Mapping peninsulas

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 16:36:54 UTC 2014

Maybe you guys can't be bothered to read the wiki so I'll make a TL;DR:

Look at the following picture, it shows the problem of multiple peninsulas:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Recursive_peninsulas.png

That's why my tag would look like "peninsula:1:en=Italian Peninsula".
Number 1 shows the level of the peninsula. 0 is Peninsula of Europe, and 2
are all the peninsulas on the Italian Peninsula (for example Salento
peninsula).

It would be tagged only on coastlines that border the peninsula, like on
the following picture:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Peninsula_rendered.png

The gray line is implied by the ends of coastline peninsula tags.

Janko