[Tagging] leisure=events

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 19:49:27 UTC 2014

> I have created this proposal some time ago for a new tag called
> leisure=events (originally landuse=events), which should describe areas
> reserved for events in a city or in a place (more info at the proposal page
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/leisure%3Devents). Does
> anybody have more opinions and suggestions on this, please?

I think "event" is not a good description for a place where events take
place, something like event_space / event_place would already be better,
but still seems very generic. What kind of events do you have in mind, folk
festivals? parish fairs? trade fairs? concerts? beer festivals? just to
name a few.

For these maybe "fairground" would be a good tag (not sure for leisure as a
key, maybe use a neutral "amenity"?)

cheers,
Martin