[Tagging] [osm_sk] Re: Aktualizace: Tags for Czech/Slovak address system

Andrew Shadura andrew at shadura.me
Mon Mar 10 11:08:18 UTC 2014

Hello,

> Just a quick reminder, the term "borough" has several meanings and could
> easily be misused. In Alaska, where I'm from, boroughs are large
> administrative areas — very similar to counties in the contiguous United
> States. So they are districts, in a sense, but perhaps not in the way
> intended in your example.

Which is exactly my point. The proposed scheme misuses some tags
(addr:place), adds new tags duplicating already existing (addr:borough
instead of addr:suburb) and adds more ambiguity by using the term
borough which may mean things different from municipal districts, so
I'm for reworking this scheme, but there are people who disagree with
me. That's why I brought the topic here for more discussion.

--
Cheers,
  Andrew