[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - amenity=Boat_sharing

nounours77 kuessemondtaeglich at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 12:50:44 UTC 2014

Dear André,

>> the proposal is now open for voting.
>>
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/boat_sharing

> BTW, slightly off topic, I still have no clean solution for
> fr:covoiturage, which is translated to en:car_sharing by Nominatim.

Agree, car_sharing is not a good translation for "covoiturage". I don't now a english term, but in german this would be "Mitfahrsystem" or "Mitfahrzentrale", but both referring more to the system as a whole or the operator of a website organizing this kind of "car_sharing". In Switzerland, there was a system some time ago which had real stop (like bus stops), where a member could enter his destination and then cars would stop. But this does not exist anymore, I do not now if this exists somewhere else or if it's already mapped.

> And I was thinking that you're lucky that hikers probably very seldom
> hitch stop boats ;-)

Yes, no such kind on boats :-)

> Please note my impression that it should be boat_something:type to allow
> for boat:type and captain:type.

I do not understand what you mean by that. The "Type"-tag seems restricted to realtions, to avoid confusion I named the subtag for the boat-type "boattype". Do you mean this should be change into "boat_sharing:type"??

What would go under "captain:type"??

Cheers, nounours