[Tagging] Landuse=civic_admin

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 18:49:11 UTC 2014

On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 11:42 PM, Colin Smale <colin.smale at xs4all.nl> wrote:

>  They all sound much like offices (landuse=commercial) to me. Ownership
> has nothing to do with land use. In this case, the city council happen to
> be the users of the property, but if they need to downsize for whatever
> reason and a particular building gets a new tenant, will the land use
> change? I wouldn't have thought so.

Well, in my country, these are classified as a different landuse and not
commercial. Please see this land use map as an example:
http://mandaluyong.gov.ph/img/profile/map9.gif

Hospitals, schools, universities, and civic/admin facilities (such as
municipal or village townhalls) are classed as "institutional" landuse. So
for my country, landuse=civic_admin (or similar) would make sense.