[Tagging] Landuse=civic_admin

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Sun Mar 16 15:42:30 UTC 2014

They all sound much like offices (landuse=commercial) to me. Ownership
has nothing to do with land use. In this case, the city council happen
to be the users of the property, but if they need to downsize for
whatever reason and a particular building gets a new tenant, will the
land use change? I wouldn't have thought so.

What you are describing here, sounds like a use case for "site
relations":

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relations/Proposed/Site

Colin

On 2014-03-16 15:54, Tod Fitch wrote:

> What about for the area where the town hall, city administration buildings (offices for building and safety, parks and recreation, etc.), public safety (police and fire headquarters) and a county court building are located in my city. They are all on one landscaped area with buildings scattered around. And it definitely looks different than a typical office park. The individual buildings are tagged as appropriate but the land use is neither commercial, industrial nor residential.
>
> -Tod
>
> On Mar 16, 2014, at 1:45 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> Am 16/mar/2014 um 02:20 schrieb johnw <johnw at mac.com>: I am looking for a tag to define the area the townhall building sits on what about amenity=townhall ? That's how we do it for schools, universities etc. cheers, Martin _______________________________________________ Tagging mailing list Tagging at openstreetmap.org https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/tagging [1]

Links:
------