[Tagging] Landuse=civic_admin

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 22:11:23 UTC 2014

I'd like to clarify what I said before that landuse=civic_admin would be
useful. It would be useful for  tagging the only the compounds where
government offices are located (townhall, courthouse, etc.). I am not
suggesting that schools and hospitals would use the same
landuse=civic_admin tag.

Anyway, the institutional landuse itself is useful for assessing real
property taxes as institutional entities typically are tax-exempt. Thus the
expected tax base is the residential + commercial + industrial land area.

Also, the institutional landuse may be useful for planning purposes. You
typically would not want schools and hospitals located near industrial
areas.