[Tagging] Access tags on areas containing highway=*

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Thu Mar 20 11:16:50 UTC 2014

On 3/20/14 6:33 AM, Peter Wendorff wrote:
> Personally I would consider routers to be buggy when they ignore
> barriers tagged on nodes of the way, while I would accept them not to do
> geometrical calculations between areas and ways.

absolutely they are buggy. here is one example from my own personal
mapping experience; a public road with a gate intended for access by
emergency services only:

 http://osm.org/go/Zdp4x2JHR-

i've seen a couple of features of this sort in the course of
mapping.

richard

rwelty at averillpark.net
 OpenStreetMap - PostgreSQL - Linux