[Tagging] Access tags on areas containing highway=*

Kytömaa Lauri lauri.kytomaa at aalto.fi
Thu Mar 20 17:21:49 UTC 2014

bulwersator wrote:
>In my opinion all relevant access tags should be on way and its nodes,
>otherwise it is unclear whatever road inherits access data from area.

Yes, and it shouldn't be a goal to inherit access tags from surrounding areas. Even if mappers would consistently set layer=* on the way with the access tags, the one encircling that area, so that it would match the roads' layers, it's far too easy to have a bridge or anything inside that should, or shouldn't inherit the tags. Likely not on the proving grounds, but elsewhere.

--
Alv