[Tagging] surface=ground/dirt/earth

Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 00:03:59 UTC 2014

I generally agree with Martin's assessment. None of these tracks is all
that suitable for getting from one place to another in any reasonable
amount of time, if ever. The photos point out quite well the limitations of
the tracktype definitions.

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 6:47 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com
> wrote:

> I have some pics to show what I am talking about:
>>
>> http://oi59.tinypic.com/33fala8.jpg
>> http://oi60.tinypic.com/1zmmrlt.jpg
>>
>> These should be trackytpe 2 or maybe 1.
>>

> to me the first one looks like highway path and the second one like
> tracktype grade 4 or 5 (I've use these values for similar tracks when they
> were wide enough)
>

> http://oi58.tinypic.com/t7iiht.jpg
>

> -> path
>

> http://oi61.tinypic.com/6ozcdw.jpg
>

> grade5
>

>> http://oi59.tinypic.com/4htmag.jpg
>>

> path or tracktype=grade4 or 5
>

>> http://oi62.tinypic.com/11v5z13.jpg
>>

> -> path
>

>> http://oi60.tinypic.com/15zgldc.jpg
>>

> tracktype 3 probably
>

> thanks for these pictures, this is what I encounter here as well (in the
> hills, in "remote" areas).
> You shouldn't generally take them with a car or suv, but maybe with a
> pickup or tractor you could use them if your tyres are big enough (but
> often there is not much space at the corners, so path is more appropriate,
> or maybe footway).
>
> cheers,
> Martin

Dave Swarthout