[Tagging] Driving side

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Sat Mar 22 11:09:20 UTC 2014

On 21.03.2014 21:07, John Packer wrote:
> There are, in my city, a couple of streets that have an /inverted/
> driving side.
> So I am going to extend this tag's documentation to include ways that
> have it's driving side opposite to it's country's normal driving side.

That's a good and useful extension, as has already been mentioned on the
key's talk page. So I suggest you go ahead and extend it.

> Perhaps, with this new definition, this tag could be redefined to have
> only one value: driving_side=opposite
> (this way, it could avoid any confusion about it's use)
>
> What do you think?

I don't think there is any good reason to force someone who wants to tag
countries' driving sides to invent new tags. The current values would
work well for both streets and countries, so keep them.