[Tagging] Driving side

John Packer john.packer7 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 13:30:08 UTC 2014

> The current values would work well for both streets and countries, so keep
> them.

Actually, that's why I want to change it.
I think having only one value (driving_side=opposite (or inverted)) would
be better to tag highways.
It is a little shameful to admit it, but sometimes I confuse left and
right; so by restricting this tag's values there wouldn't be any confusion,
and restrict it's use only to highways that actually need them (besides
making it simpler to use).

This tag never went through a formal proposal process, and have very few
uses, so I think there is no impediment for changing it's use.

Of course, another option is to restrict *left/right* values to countries
and the *inverted* value to highways, but if there is no interest to
applying this tag to the countries, then it might as well be restricted to
highways.