[Tagging] Driving side

Michael Krämer ohrosm at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 09:15:47 UTC 2014

> Left-hand-driver cars are sometimes used in right-hand-drive countries,
> and vice versa.  So, changing cars at a national border where the driving
> conventions differ is not mandatory in all cases.  In fact, I have not
> heard of any cases where it is mandatory.

In fact just this week there was a related case at the Court of Justice of
the European Union. Some countries did not allow to register cars with the
steering wheel on the right-hand side. The court decided that the countries
must allow registration (
http://curia.europa.eu/jcms/upload/docs/application/pdf/2014-03/cp140037en.pdf
).