[Tagging] capital and state_capital: how are they being used in your country?

Andreas Goss andig88 at t-online.de
Wed May 14 21:14:34 UTC 2014

> "... Czech Republic taginfo=capital" what do you mean?

Ooops. Must have deleted a line there. Bascally they are not using
capital= at all apart for some exceptions as you can also see on taginfo.

> We should probaby vote on this proposal now and make this the
> default practice. This makes admin_level unnecessary on any place
> nodes.

In my opinion it is still flat out WRONG to use capital=[number] or
admin_level=[number] on place nodes.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features/capital#Combination_with_admin_level
(see 5th comment by Marnen)