[Tagging] capital and state_capital: how are they being used in your country?

Fernando Trebien fernando.trebien at gmail.com
Wed May 14 23:10:36 UTC 2014

Brasília is the only exception which is a capital of two different
administrative levels. And both the relations for the federal district
[1] and the country [2] correctly express that idea. I know it's not a
rule that applies to every country, and precisely because of that it
would make even more sense to think about relations rather than node
tags to express the idea of a "capital" generically.

[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/421151
[2] http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/59470

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 7:01 PM, Andreas Goss <andig88 at t-online.de> wrote:
> Am 5/14/14 23:29 , schrieb Fernando Trebien:
>
>> Any place=city/town/village
>> with admin_level=4 is a state capital (at least in Brazil).
>

> What about your capital? According to Wikkipedia that's a capital of the
> Federal District, too.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bras%C3%ADlia

Fernando Trebien
+55 (51) 9962-5409