[Tagging] capital and state_capital: how are they being used in your country?

Andreas Goss andig88 at t-online.de
Wed May 14 23:52:00 UTC 2014

Am 5/15/14 01:10 , schrieb Fernando Trebien:
> Brasília is the only exception which is a capital of two different
> administrative levels. And both the relations for the federal district
> [1] and the country [2] correctly express that idea.

As long as you only look at admin_level=2 and =4 But even so what's the
use of tagging it on the node when there are exceptions?

>  I know it's not a
> rule that applies to every country, and precisely because of that it
> would make even more sense to think about relations rather than node
> tags to express the idea of a "capital" generically.

Exacly, so why tag the level number on the node when we have relations
and can incude the capitals as role:admin_centre? And then there are no
exceptions. Which is how it is usually done here in Germany.