[Tagging] Tagging Digest, Vol 62, Issue 14

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Tue Nov 4 23:01:24 UTC 2014

On 11/4/14 5:19 PM, Warin wrote:

>  I've not seen any rendering specfically for horses. Here in Australia
> there are a number of horse trails .. one over 5,000km long. Not
> enough demand for horse maps thus no rendering?
there are limits to what you're going to see in the standard
mapnik style on the main website. there are simply too many
tags and too many things to render, and no one map is going
to please everyone.  folks with specific requirements frequently
deploy their own maps (opencyclemap, openfiremap, etc.)
there's no reason why openbridlemap.org couldn't exist.

richard

rwelty at averillpark.net
  OpenStreetMap - PostgreSQL - Linux
  Java - Web Applications - Search