[Tagging] Rooftop parking -> new parking=rooftop value?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 16:30:19 UTC 2014

> >     Therefore, would prefer a generic tag that can be added to any
> feature,
> >     e.g. location=rooftop.
> > what about the "surface" value, isn't rooftop (only) parking covered by
> > parking=surface? I am not completely sure languagewise, and the wiki
> > doesn't give any definition for the values...
>
> Think of an stone building, with grass on top on which you can park your
> car. surface= has to be grass, not rooftop.

I don't think taggingwise there would be any problem. You can tag
amenity=parking
parking=surface (i.e. not multistorey, not underground, you will park on
the surface)
surface=<what ever surface material there is>

you can also add location=rooftop, why not.

My question was whether a rooftop only parking wouldn't be included in
surface parkings.

cheers,
Martin