[Tagging] Rooftop parking -> new parking=rooftop value?

johnw johnw at mac.com
Tue Nov 11 22:22:27 UTC 2014

> Therefore, would prefer a generic tag that can be added to any feature,
> e.g. location=rooftop.

with

> On Nov 11, 2014, at 9:36 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

> what about the "surface" value, isn't rooftop (only) parking covered by parking=surface?

Those are excellent ideas. Then you could use location=rooftop (or similar) to place basically anything on the roof, including multistory or surface parking structures. Garden roofs come to mind.

For some reason, the school I teach at keeps grass covering the majority of the roof, and no one is up there, except 2-3 times a year. Pools, walkways, antennas, power and comm antennas, etc. are good too.

There are some GIANT comm towers the sprout out of buildings here in Japan - large 10 story buildings with a 50m tower on top for microwave and cell tower antennas.

you can see one dead-center in my wikipedia pic for Maebashi City. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maebashi#mediaviewer/File:Maebashi20080227.jpg <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maebashi#mediaviewer/File:Maebashi20080227.jpg>

There is a big white antenna on a building ont he right side of the pic.

so, I guess the next goal is to get parking=multistory rendering correctly - there is no example on the wiki, but I *think* multi-storey does not have a unique render - which (in 2009) was leading to shit tagging to get a different render.

Javbw