[Tagging] governmental / public_administrative landuse are not commercial

johnw johnw at mac.com
Fri Nov 14 11:29:00 UTC 2014

> On Nov 14, 2014, at 8:09 PM, Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 5:03 AM, johnw <johnw at mac.com> wrote:
>> A couple more landuse cases were added. I’m going to ask now if it is a good
>> idea to specifically exclude Police/fire/safety and give them their own
>> landuse(s).

these are just use cases for when to use the generic landuse=civic. Still trying to figure out what to exclude or to make another landuse tag for.

> I don't think we need a civic subkey in landuse.

it is a subkey for the buildings, to go with building=civic.

From the page:
 it might be best to create a civic <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:civic&action=edit&redlink=1>=* subtag that goes with building <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:building>=civic <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:building%3Dcivic>

wondering if is good to give some basic types of civic buildings through a subkey.

Javbw