[Tagging] governmental / public_administrative landuse are not commercial

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 11:09:00 UTC 2014

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 5:03 AM, johnw <johnw at mac.com> wrote:
> A couple more landuse cases were added. I’m going to ask now if it is a good
> idea to specifically exclude Police/fire/safety and give them their own
> landuse(s).

I don't think we need a civic subkey in landuse. When I see the
growing list, it will finally generate very small landuse polygons in
OSM. This is not the intend of the OSM "landuse". We put "tax",
"immigration" or "legislative" into the buildings where these services
are. Otherwise, it is endless. We could create a subkey for
"landuse=residential" with "residential=home" or "residential=garage"
or "residential=toilets_in_the_garden"

Pieren