[Tagging] Feature proposal - Street cabinet - Voting

Fran├žois Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 12:32:21 UTC 2014

Thank you Althio,

> man_made=street_cabinet
> is implicitly rejecting 'countryside cabinet' or cabinets in
> motorways, parks, fields, train stations, airports and so on.

Yeah I would rather agree.
We also have the highway=* tag to describe one and each road, not only
high-speed ways between major cities.

> man_made=technical_cabinet
> is quite generic. Is it excluding any kind of non-technical cabinet? I
> guess containers and collecting points are out of the scope with other
> tagging schemes, aren't they?

I agree on this point, any kind of non-technical cabinet won't be covered

> man_made=outdoor_cabinet
> is also quite generic. Is it excluding any kind of cabinet?

It is excluding all indoor cabinets, especially when they're underground,
in tunnels or whatever.
We also have a generic tag to describe features' location : location=*

> man_made=cabinet
> is very generic, can serve as basis for a lot of equipment and
> applications, can be refined with namespace/subkey.

That's the simplest indeed.
If a refinement must be done, I would choose this one.

Regards

*Fran├žois Lacombe*

fl dot infosreseaux At gmail dot com
www.infos-reseaux.com