[Tagging] Feature proposal - Street cabinet - Voting

althio forum althio.forum at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 15:28:30 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 3:43 PM, Jean-Marc Liotier <jm at liotier.org> wrote:
> I agree with your arguments - my personal choice would be technical_cabinet.

> I nevertheless chose to approve the proposal because I considered this issue minor compared
> to all the work that went in organizing the scheme...

> experience in free software projects shows that
> it is usually better to avoid focus on that. I may be wrong - it could also
> be a fundamental modeling issue that we will regret eternally.

I did not vote.
I consider the naming issue minor compared to the scope of the
proposal. I consider the issue important enough since it is the
first-level key of the scheme. Does it make sense...

I feel that (maybe) voters accepted a globally good scheme (just like
you). Also maybe voters are not opposed to further discussion for
refinement once the scheme is accepted but not yet in heavy use.

I raised my concern, documented it on the Talk page, signaled it on
the tag list.
My personal choice would be 'cabinet' for the sake of correctness,
simplicity and potential evolution for uses yet unseen. Otherwise
'technical_cabinet' suits me too.

I will now keep quiet and let others voice their opinion if they want to.

althio