[Tagging] Main Distribution Frame added to man_made template

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 12:59:24 UTC 2014

> I don't remember any discussion about such tag on a global list.

this is from 2008, a time when in France there were still big "data voids"
(i.e. pre-cadastre, pre-corine, still small community), and before the
tagging or imports list had been created. It was also pre-import
guidelines. By the time, this was discussed on talk-de and documented on a
German wikipage:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=DE:DSL_Hauptverteiler&oldid=170386

> And
> we always recommand to not use abbreviations in tags since OSM tags
> can be read by any one, not only telecom experts (or any experts
> groups who love to exclude others by using a cryptic language).

+1

> If
> it's coming from an import, the use stats do not reflect any
> significant adoption by contributions. It is then a defacto bad idea
> to validate an import mistake in the wiki ;-)

I'd see this more as a courtesy for those who don't like to read the wiki
in German.

cheers,
Martin