[Tagging] Main Distribution Frame added to man_made template

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 12:45:44 UTC 2014

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 1:35 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

> formally a tag to represent the whole building, it is defacto the only tag
> for the whole site (mostly, I guess), and as such defacto representing also
> the telco installation. If you want to map the locations of other service
> equipment like DSLAM, OLT or PSTN, please use different tags (no
> abbreviations or at least a generally understandable prefix like
> "telecomunication"/"telco").

I don't remember any discussion about such tag on a global list. And
we always recommand to not use abbreviations in tags since OSM tags
can be read by any one, not only telecom experts (or any experts
groups who love to exclude others by using a cryptic language). If
it's coming from an import, the use stats do not reflect any
significant adoption by contributions. It is then a defacto bad idea
to validate an import mistake in the wiki ;-)

Pieren