[Tagging] access in the wiki

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 11:57:31 UTC 2014

We are currently trying on the Italian mailing list to get a good tagging
for the ZTL (zona a traffico limitato - limited traffic zone), which do
exist in various Italian cities and are not "LEZ" (low emmission zones)
because the latter according to the wiki and external definitions are zones
which are installed to reduce air pollution and to get cleaner air, what
holds not true or is not the only aim of Italian ZTLs.

On example of rules for the example of the Prato ZTL:
transit forbidden to motorvehicles from 7:30 to 18:30 except:
- authorized
- motorcycles
- mopeds / mofas
- public transport
- NCC (noleggio con conducente, car hire with driver)
- disabled
- emergency
- armed forces
- police
- fire department
- ambulances
- homeland security (protezione civile)
- public administration

__

This can be roughly translated to

motorcar=private
motorcar:conditional=yes @ (18:30-07:30)
emergency=yes
psv=yes
disabled=yes

(using the deny all, allow conditional way to be on the safe side if
conditional restrictions are ignored).

But there are some categories for which we currently do not have suitable
tags (AFAIK):
- armed forces
- NCC (?)
- public administration

According to the wiki, "psv" currently comprises only buses and taxis
(strangely, IMHO at least trams would have to be included as well), and
maybe NCC can be seen as included as well (will discuss this on the Italian
list).

My suggestion is to amend the access-page in the wiki with
"military" (using for "armed forces")
"public_administration"

and to add "tram" as subclass of psv.

Cheers,