[Tagging] governmental / public_administrative landuse are not commercial

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 13:08:28 UTC 2014

> For example, I'm a foreign resident in Japan. I have to visit the regional
> offices to renew my visa every year or so. It's always a busy place people
> have to find. It's not at the city hall, the airport or a border - but it
> is a really important government office building that needs to labeled
> differently than a standard office building.

I agree that it would be desirable to have more detail on government
offices, e.g. being able to distinguish the tax office from the immigration
office etc. I'd see this under the office tag and not in "landuse". This is
an enormous pile of work to do, as there are many different kind of these,
and the detailed structure is different in every country. On the other
hand, the idea of having a wastewater plant, a fire station, a court and a
federal ministry categorized the same civic landuse doesn't seem very
appealing to me. I believe that "civic" might be too generic (but maybe I
just don't understand this right, hence the question for what is included
and excluded).

cheers,
Martin