[Tagging] Truckage company

johnw johnw at mac.com
Thu Oct 9 12:52:48 UTC 2014

On Oct 9, 2014, at 9:18 PM, Dudley Ibbett <dudleyibbett at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Other possible descriptions would be:
>
> “haulage” for large loads.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haulage
> “courier” for smaller items. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courier

Distribution logistics is the *planning* of moving goods from a factory to the customer - the post office isn't a logistics company. Fedex or UPS, wich will pick up, store, warehouse, and ship another company's goods as they request them to be shipped to the customer for them is a Distribution Logistics company. - they plan it (to guarantee delivery) and move it all too.

It seems that Haulage is like for ore transport or bulk goods - not something you'd do with a truck on the highway.

I think it is something commonly described as a logistics company.

Courrier just delivers a package for a to b for a fee, like a local or regional delivery company.

maybe
commercial=logistics &

logistics=Distribution
logistics=Courrier
logistics=Trucking  to pick up the remainder, as there are a myriad of special delivery places - piano movers, livestock delivery, boat movers,  for example.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truck_driver#Job_categories

Javbw