[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - relation type=person

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 17:43:50 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 6:55 PM, Paweł Marynowski <yarl at openstreetmap.pl> wrote:

> The idea was to reflect, the best we can, situation with graves.

This is not clear in the proposal. It's much more than graves.
Birthday, family, description, etc. If you check examples, it is
reused to add every details of a person live (memorial, named streets)

> A lot of people mentioned Wikidata. Do you know the rules of Wikidata? There
> are notability rules[1], so it's simply not possible to store information
> about every person there.

This is another question but not about this relation. We have to be
careful about creating a database of named people (and their
relationship) when they are not celebrities. Even for dead people, it
can be conditioned to local legislation.

> I will be more than happy to find better solution to map graves like this
> not using relations.

Pieren