[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - relation type=person

Ilpo Järvinen ilpo.jarvinen at helsinki.fi
Wed Oct 15 09:34:09 UTC 2014

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014, Martin Vonwald wrote:

>       I think that "who is in which tomb" is information that does
>       belong in OSM.....
>
>       Finding the tomb you want in a cemetery is *hard* and I'd love
>       to be
>       able to use OSM for it (probably via a specialized smartphone
>       app). A
>       particular tomb is like any POI, OSM should enable me to find
>       it. Not
>       all cemeteries are well organised enough to have grave or even
>       row
>       numbers. This is not only about noteworthy people either, one
>       should
>       be able to map a cemetery exhaustively.
>

> Simple question: why?
>
> If those are relatives of you, you should know where they are buried. If
> not, you should not care. Really not.

Some relatives are more distant than others.

Not that it would interest me personally to find some distant relative's
grave, but I've been on multiple occassions on with somebody who has been
looking for a grave of a relative "that is supposed to be somewhere here".
Clearly they didn't known where that relative was buried. Often the search
even terminates without success because there are simply too many graves
to look at.

--
 i.