[Tagging] man_made=bridge

Friedrich Volkmann bsd at volki.at
Wed Oct 15 15:19:20 UTC 2014

On 13.10.2014 12:12, Lukas Sommer wrote:
> I would add the requirement that the highways/railways/paths that go over a
> bridge have to share a node with the outline area.

This does not work for multi-layer bridges. As I commented on my vote, I
prefer layer=1;2 over the ugly bridge-relation. It's only 1 bridge after
all, so it should be mapped as one man_made=bridge. And it should have
layer=1;2 because it extends over two layers. All ways with one of those
layers are part of the bridge within its outline. It could not be more simple.

In the multi-level example in the proposal, the lower layer is obviously
more narrow than the upper layer, so it would be wrong to connect the
cycleway to the bridge outline.