[Tagging] sport= non-physical tags and the exceptions people come up with...

Andreas Goss andig88 at t-online.de
Sat Oct 18 13:42:35 UTC 2014

Can you please stop trying to come up with exceptions for the sport= tag?

Just saw this on scuba diving:

 > Should be used to mark a place for scuba diving, preferably as an
attribute of natural=beach, natural=stone natural=cliff or a fitting
segment of a coastline or lake.

 > For dive bases or dive shops see: amenity=dive_centre or
shop=scuba_diving

How do you tag a store shop=sports now? How do you tag a club=sport now?

See also:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Tag:sport%3Dscuba_diving#Divespot_:_sport.3D.2A_non-physical_tag

There is a reason we combine all other tags with pitch or different
leisure tags. If a sport= tag on it's own is supposed to be a sports
site then you can't use it for anything else to indicated a relation to
that sport.