[Tagging] sport= non-physical tags and the exceptions people come up with...

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 18:37:52 UTC 2014

> would you mind rephrasing this? I don't understand what you want to tell
>> us, and I guess others feel similar, given that nobody has replied in
>> the past 2 days...
>>

> Using sport=scuba_diving for a dive spot. That would be like using
> sport=soccer for a soccer field without using leisure=pitch. And it's not
> the only case.

sport=scuba_diving only makes sense with shop=sports (and maybe
leisure=swimming_pool for specialized swimming pools to learn diving). I
mean, all waters can be used for scuba diving.

What people probably want to tag are waters that are interesting to scuba
divers. Maybe we should make a tag like leisure=scuba_diving_attraction.

Janko