[Tagging] sport= non-physical tags and the exceptions people come up with...

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Mon Oct 20 20:19:14 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 11:37 AM, Janko Mihelić <janjko at gmail.com> wrote:

> What people probably want to tag are waters that are interesting to scuba
> divers. Maybe we should make a tag like leisure=scuba_diving_attraction.

I haven't followed this thread but Janko's comment reminded me that of dive
sites that I'm aware of.

We have numerous dive sites in Washington State, in the US. Edmonds Marine
Park[1] is one of the most popular with about 25K divers visiting each
year. It's not tagged in OSM but probably should be. Other park facilities
are used by divers as one of their many recreational offerings, such as
boating, fishing, etc.

I like the leisure=scuba_diving_attraction, especially for sites that offer
underwater attractions for divers. I'm not sure it fits well with sites
that allow diving, but no particular attractions. For example, the US
National Parks Service indicates on their maps sites that offer diving. In
those cases it might scuba=yes

Clifford

1.
http://www.edmondswa.gov/services/education/discovery-programs/edmonds-underwater-park.html