[Tagging] Pre-RFC: shop=stationery, shop=office_supplies

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Tue Oct 21 04:50:23 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 9:24 PM, Toby Murray <toby.murray at gmail.com> wrote:

> I know I have used office_supply for Staples. When I looked it up in the
> wiki, the stationery page did not include the examples of the office
> superstores and my impression was that it was intended for smaller shops,
> including the Hallmark shops that John mentions. I considered Staples to be
> different enough to deserve a different tag. I am not convinced that I am
> right... just stating at how I arrived at my tagging decision.

It looks like the wiki[1] was updated last December to add in the big box
office supply stores. It does seem like a small card/stationery shop is a
better match for shop=stationery. The big box stores like Staples would
better fit to shop=office_supplies. But unless the editor presets are
changed and someone changes existing tags, we should stick with the current
definition.

[1]An example of these in the USA would be Office Depot, Staples, and
Office Max.

--
@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us