[Tagging] Pre-RFC: shop=stationery, shop=office_supplies

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Tue Oct 21 08:21:56 UTC 2014

On 21/10/2014 05:24, Toby Murray wrote:
> ... I considered Staples to be different enough to deserve a different
> tag. I am not convinced that I am right... just stating at how I
> arrived at my tagging decision.

... that was pretty much my thought process with shop=office_supplies too.

I'd be happy to reconsider, but it'd be nice to still have a way of
telling the two apart by some form of sub-tag.

OSM's big strength is people on the ground able to classify things that
don't fit neatly into categories, and which may not make any sense to
someone looking at the data from elsewhere.

Cheers,

Andy