[Tagging] what does maxheight=none mean?

moltonel 3x Combo moltonel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 10:12:21 UTC 2014

On 27/10/2014, moltonel 3x Combo <moltonel at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd even argue that tagging "I surveyed this but couldn't see a
> limitation" is useless: the sign might get added later, some mapper
> might be able to measure the maxheight, the value above 4m might be
> important for some people, etc. Don't try to silence the QA tool when
> there actually is a bridge with a physical maxheigth.

Sorry, "useless" is a bit strong here: preventing fruitless legwork by
a mapper is usefull. But remember that the other mapper might have a
measuring tool, enough experience to assess the height, or that a sign
might have been added in the meantime.

A "note=no maxheight sign" tag should be good enough in this case.
Anything that makes the warning completely disappear from QA tools is
probably a bad idea.