[Tagging] what does maxheight=none mean?

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Mon Oct 27 12:11:41 UTC 2014

On 10/27/14 6:45 AM, Tom Pfeifer wrote:
> You are quoting me out of context, leaving the impression that I'd
> propose
> to tag the bridge way, this is not the case.
>
> I was just pointing out that tagging the way under the bridge makes
> no explicit reference to the bridge itself, and can lose the implicit
> proximity reference when the way is split. An explicit reference would
> need a relation.
since the height restriction only applies to the segment of road directly
underneath the structure, i have always been careful to split the way
on either side, fairly close to the structure before adding the tag.

it seems like the only sensible way to do this.

richard

rwelty at averillpark.net
  OpenStreetMap - PostgreSQL - Linux
  Java - Web Applications - Search