[Tagging] what does maxheight=none mean?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 13:04:16 UTC 2014

> why would we treat maxheight different from maxspeed ?
>
> I thought the consensus for maxspeed was to tag the maxspeed explicitly
> and the "reason" in source:maxspeed
>
> So why can't we fill in the default value for unsigned bridges explicitly
> , so e.g. maxheight=4 and add source:maxheight=<Country>:default ?

I think maxspeed and maxheight are different, as maxspeed is defined also
when there is no sign (default maxspeed), but maxheight is not defined when
there is no sign. There are still considerations to keep in mind (like
vehicle classes and their max height) to infer for practical reasons some
default maxheight, but that isn't exactly the same as default maxspeeds.

Still I agree, we could tag this derived maxheight value and add a
maxheight:source to say it is implicit.

cheers,
Martin