[Tagging] Route relations - Forward & Backward

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Fri Sep 5 19:07:45 UTC 2014

On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 2:00 PM, Jo <winfixit at gmail.com> wrote:

> Most bus routes in Belgium have several variations. Most have at least 2.
> One from A to B, another from B to A. To me it makes most sense to create
> one route relation for each variation, which contains all the stops in the
> order they will be passed by. Occasionally it happens stops occur more than
> once.

Plus, unless we're talking Greyhound where the bus pulls off into a station
(even if makeshift) most of the time, or Eugene's EmX (BRT system with
doors on both sides, essentially light rail minus the rail; busses have
signs on the back indicating that they need approximately an entire time
zone to turn right and many downtown Eugene intersections have been
modified to allow for their gigantic turning radius), the terminus of the
line, or a major bus station, the odds that both directions are going to
use exactly the same stop is pretty close to zero.