[Tagging] Route relations - Forward & Backward

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 19:00:47 UTC 2014

Most bus routes in Belgium have several variations. Most have at least 2.
One from A to B, another from B to A. To me it makes most sense to create
one route relation for each variation, which contains all the stops in the
order they will be passed by. Occasionally it happens stops occur more than
once.

Before all the stops (because that is how JOSM would sort them) come all
the ways the bus travels along. If a way is used twice, the route relation
also contains it twice. If all the ways are sorted properly there is no
need for forward/backward roles. If there is no need for something, I
prefer to not add it.

Jo