[Tagging] The "not-shops": industrial, industry, or business

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Fri Sep 12 21:59:37 UTC 2014

Yea, there needs to be a better framework for adding shops that are not in the system is a manner that is consistent, and possibly can work with -carto to have icons added by users without so much hassle.

Here in japan, they have several different types of fast food, quick restaurants, and formal restaurants in categories everyone here recognizes - but get can't get put into a proper category or get a bad icon.

Eg: an isakaiya is not really a pub. It's their own thing.
And takoyaki is fast food, represented by a hamburger.

- cuisine needs to have, probably, a thousand new tags added to cover this, and regional icons need to be paired with them.

Making the maps more region friendly  - to conform to the expectations and customs of the mapping "language" of the region is one thing I want to work on, and this is a part of it.

Javbw

Sent from my iPhone