[Tagging] The "not-shops": industrial, industry, or business

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 06:58:16 UTC 2014

> Il giorno 12/set/2014, alle ore 17:45, MichaƂ Brzozowski <www.haxor at gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
> chimneys

chimney sweeping or construction? Chimneys in steel or masonry / concrete? Industrial or consumer size?

The world is highly complex and business types very fragmented, but these details do matter, because you'll usually have very specific needs and would like to have specific answers to them.

Instead of a top down process ("what kind of pois do we need in osm") our process is much more open by letting people use any tag they want to describe something and then see what they have used and how it could be combined into a structure. Unfortunately this process is very vulnerable to mappers that "clean up" and "fix mistagging" to "normalize" the db.

cheers,
Martin