[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Tagging for complex junctions or traffic signals that are named

Lukas Sommer sommerluk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 18:53:46 UTC 2014

> how do you tag a named junction with a traffic signal ?
> highway=traffic_signal + junction=yes + name=* means that "name" is
> for the junction or for the traffic signals ?

For the junction!

For a named junction with a (not named) traffic signal: junction=yes +
highway=traffic_signals. (Quite common on Korea – on the ground, not in the
database.)

For a named traffic signal with a (not named) junction: simply
highway=traffic_signals.

> And can we imagine a
> case where the junction and the traffic signals are both named (and
> possibly differently) ?

Good point. That would be difficult… Currently I do not know of such a
case. Further thoughts about this?