[Tagging] [Imports] Mechanical Tagging Proposal - dump_station - conditional

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Thu Apr 2 00:10:27 UTC 2015

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 9:34 AM, Andy Allan <gravitystorm at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1 April 2015 at 17:21, Bryce Nesbitt <bryce2 at obviously.com> wrote:
>
> > The main downside however is that recycling:excrement=yes/no is one of
> the

> tagging methods that currently renders.
> > Retagging will cause the feature not to render on the osm-carto
> stylesheet.
>
> No it doesn't - the "recycling:excrement" key isn't in our list of
> keys that we use, so changing it will make no difference.

It's generally combined with *amenity=recycling *or sometimes
*amenity=caravan_site* to force the rendering.
For example: http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1367964488

Which is a hugely common theme in the cleanup work I've done.  Osm-carto
rendering support is far more conservative than tagging behavior.  The
inverse of *"render and they will map"* is "don't render and they'll find a
way around the problem anyway".

--
*I can retag the half dozen of these that matter, but I'm seeking consensus
on purging it from the wiki docs.  The goal in*