Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 06:37:35 UTC 2015

I know the problem, but while in the past we might have made new tags for
green sheep with 6 legs, the other extreme is to force everything where you
can stay with in a tent under tourism=camp_site.
That's what I understood from Martin's mail, they are too different, not
that he does not want you to map scout camps.

There is no "best", for each case we have to see whether it is appropriate
to try to come up with a general tag that fits many objects and which
requires subtags or just come up with new tag on top level.
IMHO, scout camps are too different from camp sites that we could introduce
a new tag for them.

Similar: holiday stays, tents (or barracks)
different: certain age groups, supervised, private

there are probably other similarities or differences. Another (the most ?)
important thing is that I cannot imagine that when you looking for a scout
camp that you are interested to see where the camp sites are (or vice
versa).
This is different from parkings, if I need to park my car near an office,
I'll be looking for the private parking of that office or a parking open to
the public. I need both.

regards