[Tagging] For your comment: New template: Unit summary
imagic.osm at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 06:49:46 UTC 2015
This contradicts in many cases our current page
* The use of "meters" is discouraged
* "cm" should not be used generally, maybe only on some specific tags
* There should always be a space in front of the unit
* Neither "feet" nor "inches" should be used, use <feet>'<inch>" instead
* It is not discouraged to not include the default unit
2015-04-03 7:21 GMT+02:00 Bryce Nesbitt <bryce2 at obviously.com>:
> To try and make unit description consistent here is a proposed template.
> This would apply to tags like ele, est_width, circumference, height,
> width, maxwidth, minwidth, distance. A separate table could be made for
> speed & weight.
> Use as follows:
> The template is defined at:
> Other unit pages include:
> This particular summary promotes the notion of "human centred tagging",
> with parsers left to make conversion to computer readable units. It also
> promotes explicit numbers (e.g. 20 m) over implicit ones ( e.g. 20 ).
> Given the variety of unit styles already in the database, this seems to be
> the most pragmatic approach.
> Tagging mailing list
> Tagging at openstreetmap.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tagging