[Tagging] Proposal: Rename wiki status "Approved" to "Published"

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 11:09:07 UTC 2015

Don't like that idea... The 'voting' needs to be yes/no otherwise it is
too much of a judgement call that will not make sense to most.

If something is rejected.. then if someone cares enough they can simply
make a wiki page .. just as if they had never had a vote on the feature.

The true assessment of a tag is ...
the number of times it is used (relative to the perceived occurance of
the feature)
if it is rendered (even if only on one map)

New mappers will simply look for a tag.. if they find two or more things
that may suit they will probably chose the best fit (I hope).

[Presently trying to deal with radio telescopes .. tagged one way in
Australia and another in Africa, and then there are mazes .. at least
two ways for them too]