[Tagging] For your comment: New template: Unit summary

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 12:00:00 UTC 2015

I am against adding yet another template to wiki, intended to be used as
part of article
text.

Many pages are already obnoxious to edit because on editing it turns out
that table
is hidden in a template - so it is necessary to open another page.

"It also promotes explicit numbers (e.g. 20 m) over implicit ones ( e.g. 20
)."

I am also against explicitly mentioning default units. I can understand
using feet (but I
am not happy about it). But expecting people using standard units (meters
for height etc)
to waste time on making clear that they are not using weird ones is not the
best idea.

Obviously, I supporting using explicit numbers.